Positive Train Control (PTC) is a life-saving innovation that will make travel by rail even safer. Metrolink will be the first commuter rail in the nation to implement this state-of-the-art technology, moving the agency significantly closer toward its goal of becoming the safest commuter rail in the nation.
Positive Train Control (PTC) is GPS-based safety technology capable of preventing train-to-train collisions, over-speed derailments, unauthorized incursion into work zones and train movement through switches left in the wrong position. PTC monitors and, if necessary, controls train movement in the event of human error. PTC may also bring trains to a safe stop in the event of a natural disaster.
Enabled Consultants provided project management services for Metrolink’s PTC and Valley / Ventura / San Gabriel Network Expansion Projects. In addition, Enabled Consultants provided technical consulting in various areas including: Network Architecture, Network Engineering, IT Infrastructure Operations, Data Center Planning, and Disaster Recovery.
- Network Engineering
- Project Management
- IT Operations
- Custom Software Development
- Managed implementation and integration of ATT and Verizon MPLS networks with Metrolink private networks.
- Provided technical consulting for new dispatch and operations center (DOC) data center.
- Provided project management for new customer information system (CIS) implementation.
- Southern California Regional Rail Authority (Metrolink)